I, THE UNDERSIGNED, ("PARTICIPANT") HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT PARTICIPANT HAS VOLUNTARILY DECIDED TO PARTICIPATE AND/OR OBSERVE IN A FIREARMS RELATED RANGE DAY ("EVENT") LOCATED AT STRONGPOINT SHOOTING COMPLEX, WAVERLY HALL, GA AND CONDUCTED BY 88 INDUSTRIES, LLC. PARTICIPANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND UNDERSTANDS THAT THE EVENT INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, THE USE OF FIREARMS AND LIVE AMMUNITION IN SHOOTING AND RELATED ACTIVITIES.
PARTICIPANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT PARTICIPANT IS COMPETENT TO HANDLE FIREARMS AND HAS BEEN ADEQUATELY TRAINED IN THE SAFE USE AND HANDLING OF FIREARMS.
PARTICIPANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND UNDERSTANDS THAT SHOOTING AND RELATED ACTIVITIES ARE INHERENTLY HAZARDOUS and involve both known and unanticipated risks which could result in damage or destruction of property and physical or emotional injury, including paralysis or death, of Participant or of other persons. Participant understands that such risks cannot be completely eliminated. The risks include, but are not limited to:
*Gun-shot injuries to Participant or others*Partial or total loss of eyesight or hearing*Inhalation or other harmful contact with lead or other contaminants*Injuries from falling debris*Injury to self from mistakes in gun handling such as injuries to fingers
PARTICIPANT FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES AND UNDERSTANDS THAT the Event has both known and unanticipated hazards which create risks during the Event. Participant understands and acknowledges that such risks and hazards cannot be completely eliminated. Participant acknowledges that risks and hazards specifically associated with the Event include, but are not limited to:
*Unmaintained pathways and roads*Loose rock*Slippery Surfaces*Falling soil*Cracked walkways and uneven terrain*Normal natural vegetation and wildlife*Poor lighting*Other shooters at the Event
PARTICIPANT FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES AND UNDERSTANDS THAT 88 Industries, LLC has no duty to undertake first-aid or first responder treatment in the event Participant suffers injury from any risk or hazard associated with the Event.
PARTICIPANT ACCEPTS THE EVENT'S FACILITIES, EQUIPMENT, PRODUCTS, AND STAFF AS IS. 88 INDUSTRIES, LLC MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE EVENT’S FACILITIES, EQUIPMENT, PRODUCTS, AND STAFF. 88 INDUSTRIES, LLC FURTHER MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE DESIGN, MANUFACTURE, MAINTENANCE, CONDITION OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF ANY FACILITIES, EQUIPMENT, OR PRODUCTS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: FIREARMS, AMMUNITION, EYE/HEARING PROTECTION AND FIRST AID SUPPLIES. 88 INDUSTRIES, LLC SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE PARTICIPANT HEREBY ASSUMES ALL RISKS AND LIABILITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE EVENT, UNDERSTANDING THE INHERENT RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH FIREARMS AND THE SPORT OF SHOOTING. PARTICIPANT HEREBY ASSUMES ALL RISKS OF ACCIDENT OR INJURY AND RELEASES AND FOREVER DISCHARGES 88 INDUSTRIES, LLC, THEIR EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND AGENTS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY AND OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OF ANY KIND, WHETHER SUCH PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE IS CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OF 88 INDUSTRIES, LLC, OR THEIR EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS OR AGENTS OR OTHERWISE. THE PARTICIPANT HEREBY AFFIRMS THAT PARTICIPANT IS IN GOOD PHYSICAL HEALTH AND DOES NOT SUFFER FROM ANY DISABILITY THAT WOULD PREVENT PARTICIPANT FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT. THE PARTICIPANT HEREBY AFFIRMS THAT PARTICIPANT IS IN GOOD PHYSICAL HEALTH AND DOES NOT SUFFER FROM ANY DISABILITY THAT WOULD PREVENT HIM FROM PARTICIPATING IN SHOOTING OR RELATED ACTIVITIES. THE PARTICIPANT FURTHER AFFIRMS THAT PARTICIPANT IS NOT CURRENTLY PREGNANT.
ABILITY TO POSSESS FIREARMS: The Participant acknowledges that live firearms are used as a necessary part of the Event. The Participant affirms that Participant is at least eighteen (18) years of age or under the supervision of a parent/guardian. The Participant acknowledges that he/she is not disqualified or disabled by law from possession or use of firearms in any manner whatsoever. Such disqualifiers include, but are not limited to, the following:
*Being a fugitive from justice*Being under indictment for or having been convicted of a felony offense of violence or a felony offense involving a drug of abuse whether violent or not or having a similar juvenile record*Being a drug dependent, in danger of becoming drug dependent, an unlawful user of a controlled substance or addicted to such controlled substance, or being a chronic alcoholic*Having been adjudicated a mental incompetent or defective or committed to a mental institute involuntarily.*Having been convicted of a crime that had the potential of more than one year in prison*Being an illegal alien of the United States of America*Having been discharged from the United States Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions*Having renounced one's United States Citizenship*Being under a civil protection order*Domestic Violence: Having been convicted of a crime that involves an element of use, threatened use or attempted use of physical force (i.e. violence) and that involves a victim who is a former spouse, parent, ward (whereby Participant was the ward's guardian), with whom there is a child in common, with whom there was cohabitation, or any similarly situated person.
FIREARM NOT OWNED BY PARTICIPANT Participant acknowledges that if Participant is borrowing or renting a firearm from 88 Industries, LLC that Participant is responsible for the safe functionality and handling of the firearm. Participant understands and acknowledges that the firearm may have been used by several people before him/her and that its usage history is unknown.
PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT PARTICIPANT, PARTICIPANT’S NEXT OF KIN, HEIRS, GUARDIANS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND ASSIGNS RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE (AND AGREE NOT TO SUE) 88 Industries, LLC and their subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, employees, and representatives (including land/venue owners) from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, expenses, causes of action, attachments of property, or liability of any kind whatsoever, that may result from his participation in the Event, use of the Event’s or 88 Industries, LLC facilities, equipment, and products, or engaging in or observing shooting and other activities, even if such claims, demands, damages, expenses, causes of action, attachments of property, or liability result partially or wholly from any act or acts, even any negligent act or omission to act, including negligent or omitted first-aid or rescue operations or procedures, by 88 Industries, LLC.
PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT PARTICIPANT, PARTICIPANT’S NEXT OF KIN, HEIRS, GUARDIANS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND ASSIGNS SHALL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS 88 Industries, LLC from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) that arise directly or indirectly out of or are related to the Participant’s participation in the Event, use of the Event’s or 88 Industries, LLC facilities, equipment, and products, or engaging in or observing shooting and other activities. This indemnification shall survive in the event this Agreement is terminated for any reason.
GOVERNING LAW & AMENDMENT: This Assumption of Risk & Release Agreement must be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia applicable to agreements made and to be performed therein. This Assumption of Risk & Release Agreement may be amended only by a written instrument signed by all Parties.
SEVERABILITY & WAIVER: If any provision of this Assumption of Risk & Release Agreement is held to be legally invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability will not render the entirety of this Assumption of Risk & Release Agreement invalid. Rather, this Assumption of Risk & Release Agreement will be construed as if not containing the particular invalid or unenforceable provision.
MERGER CLAUSE: This Assumption of Risk & Release Agreement constitutes a final written expression of all the terms of this Assumption of Risk & Release Agreement and is a complete and exclusive statement of those terms. Participant affirms that no representations or promises not expressly contained herein have been made or agreed to by 88 Industries, LLC.
PARTICIPANT UNDERSTANDS THAT BY PARTICIPANT SIGNING BELOW, PARTICIPANT IS GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS, AND THAT PARTICIPANT IS AGREEING NOT TO SUE 88 INDUSTRIES, LLC AND RELEASING AND HOLDING HARMLESS 88 INDUSTRIES, LLC OF ALL LIABILITY.
I, THE UNDERSIGNED, COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND THIS THREE PAGE DOCUMENT THAT I AM SIGNING BELOW. I HAVE READ IT THOROUGHLY AND HAVE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO ASK 88 INDUSTRIES, LLC ANY QUESTIONS I HAVE. I AGREE TO ALL PARTS AND PROVISIONS OF THIS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND RELEASE AGREEMENT.
Acknowledged and agreed to by the following Participant:
IF PARTICIPANT IS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, PARENT SIGNATURE IS REQUIRED BELOW:
RULES & REGULATIONS: Participant agrees to strictly follow all Rules & Regulations listed below governing the Event:
Any shooter may and should call for a “cease fire” if any situation is observed that warrants immediate action.
Whenever the line is called safe and any range personnel are down range ALL firearms MUST be removed from the firing line and made safe. At NO TIME should any shooter handle, work on or otherwise touch their respective firearms while people are present down range.
All firearms must remain unloaded with actions open except on the firing line. Firearms should be loaded only when you are ready to shoot.
Eye and Ear protection MUST be worn by anyone on or near the firing line during all live fire sessions.
BY SIGNING BELOW I UNDERSTAND THAT FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE ABOVE RULES COULD RESULT IN MY DISMISSAL FROM THE RANGE AND EVENT.
2. All firearms shall be pointed down range, even when on the shooting tables, when the weapon is not being fired. Remember you are responsible for every round that is fired by your weapon.
3. Shooters on the rifle range are responsible for communication with other shooters around them in regards to cease fire as well as prior to going down range for target changes/checks.
4. Report any and all injuries and rules violations to range staff.
5. Do not shoot any barricades, barriers, buckets, trash cans, or other items on the range. SHOOT ONLY TARGETS. Failure to comply will result in the denial of use of range facilities.
6. It is your responsibility to clean up after yourself. Please place all paper boxes and used targets in cans provided. Pick up and put spent casings in bucket provided.
7. If spent casings on the ground or in the bucket do not belong to you, you may not take it for yourself unless cleared through range personnel.
8. EMERGENCY CEASE FIRE: An emergency cease fire may be called by anyone on the range if needed. Shooting WILL NOT resume until the range has been cleared and deemed safe by range staff. A cease fire will be signaled by one air horn blast and resume fire will be signaled by two blasts.
9. Member is responsible for any damage to range facility, property, equipment and rental items.
10. Range management reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to:
a. Close the range due to weather conditions and other variables
b. Close part or all of range for events
c. Expel any member or guest deemed to exhibit inappropriate behavior
d. Deny access to anyone
e. Change range hours and days of operation
11. Members must be current with all fees and charges and check in with range staff prior to range access.
12. Members and Day guests must check in with range staff, complete required forms, and pay fees prior to range access.
13. All members, day guests, and visitors must have a signed waiver on file for each calendar year.
14. Hearing and eye protection must be worn on the range. See range personnel if you need eye or hearing protection.
15. The use of drugs or alcohol on STRONGPOINT property is prohibited. Persons thought to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be denied use of the shooting facility at the sole discretion of range staff.
16. Horseplay or other activities not related to shooting are not allowed on the range.
17. Use staplers on target frames only. DO not staple posts, benches, seats, or other range property.
18. User ages: Pistol shooters must be 21 or older, or be supervised by a parent or guardian. Rifle and shotgun shooters must be 18 or older or be supervised by a parent or guardian.
19. Visitors and spectators shall remain behind the active shooters at all times.
20. Only targets approved by range personnel may be used. Check with range staff prior to shooting.
21. Any violation of the safety rules, operating procedures, or range staff instructions can be cause for removal from the range.
22. STRONGPOINT reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to deny anyone access to the shooting facilities when it is deemed necessary by range staff.
23. Ensure all personnel in the surrounding areas are aware that you are beginning to shoot.
24. STRONGPOINT reserves the right to limit time at shooting stations when necessary depending on member volume. When usage is high we ask that station time be limited to two (2) hours. When volume is not an issue, members and guests are welcome to use stations as much as desired during hours of operation.
25. Members may reserve stations up to a month in advance.
Rifle Range Steel Target Rules
Authorized calibers to shoot at Steel Targets: .22 LR up to .308 / 7.62x51
RESTRICTED activities with Steel Targets:
1. Do not engage any steel inside of 10 yards with handgun calibers.
2. Do not engage any stand or support structure for the steel targets.
3. Do not engage any steel with steel core penetrator, incendiary, or any penetrator rounds.
4. Do not engage any steel with steel shot, pellets, or air rifles.
5. Do not engage any steel with magnum loads or any other high powered load.
6. Do not engage any steel with any projectile that is traveling over 3,000 feet per second, or under 750 feet per second.
7. Angle of engagement for any steel target should not exceed 20 degrees.
8. Do not engage steel with any shotgun.
Firearm and Ammunition Safety Rules
1. Know and be familiar with how the firearm operates.
2. Be sure the firearm and ammunition are compatible.
3. Keep fingers off the trigger and outside the trigger guard until ready to shoot.
4. Armor piercing ammunition is prohibited.
5. Tracer or incendiary ammunition is prohibited.
6. Use of cannons is prohibited.
7. Use of personal automatic weapons is prohibited without approval of range staff.
A. Customers are fully responsible for the actions of themselves and guests.B. Customers are fully responsible for their personal property and their guest’s property and vehicles. In no case will Strong Point, LLC be responsible for the safety of or damage to any member’s or guest’s property.C. Customers are fully responsible for any children or pets. All pets must be on a leash and under control at all times. No pets are allowed on firing ranges. In no case will children of any customer or guest be allowed on the property without the adult member’s or adult guest’s immediate supervision at all times. They will not be allowed to climb, dig in, or otherwise damage the ground surface, landscape or berms.
I FULLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE to the terms and conditions and hereby submit this application to Strong Point LLC Shooting Complex. I FULLY UNDERSTAND that my use of the range is subject to suspension or revocation for violation of the above agreement. No refunds will be issued. I FULLY UNDERSTAND that the use of firearms is inherently dangerous and I AM AWARE that being in the vicinity of firearms can result in the loss of life. I WILL FOLLOW ALL SAFETY RULES to ensure a safe shooting environment for everyone.