1. I UNDERSTAND THAT THE PURPOSE OF SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT IS TO EXEMPT LIGHTHOUSE CAPITAL CHARTERS INC. AND LIGHTHOUSE CAPITAL PARTNERS INC. TO RELEASE ITS BOATS AND CREW MEMBERS (WHETHER OWNED, LEASED, OR CHARTERED) AND TO HOLD THESE ENTITIES HARMLESS FROM ALL LIABILITIES ARISING AS a CONSEQUENCE OF THE FOLLOWING, OR ANY OTHER ACTS OR OMISSIONS ON THEIR PART, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE.
2. I am a certified diver or student under the direct supervision of an instructor. I understand scuba diving has inherent risks and dangers, including but not limited to equipment failure, perils of the sea, and acts of other divers and I specifically assume such Risks.
3. I have been diving within the past year or am currently participating in a refresher course.
4. I am physically fit to scuba dive and snorkel and I will not hold LIGHTHOUSE CAPITAL CHARTERS INC. or LIGHTHOUSE CAPITAL PARTNERS INC. responsible if I am injured as a result of heart problems, lung problems, or any other illness or medical problems which occur while diving or snorkeling.
5. I do not have in my possession any illegal drugs. I am not under the influence of alcohol or drugs nor am I hung over.
6. Prior to leaving the dock, I will inspect all diving equipment to be used. I will notify the captain and divemaster if any equipment is not functioning properly. I understand that LIGHTHOUSE CAPITAL CHARTERS INC. and LIGHTHOUSE CAPITAL PARTNERS INC. is not responsible for my equipment or my failure to inspect my equipment.
7. I will be present and attentive during the briefing given by the captain and or divemaster and if there is anything that I do not understand, I will notify the captain immediately.
8. I understand I have a duty to plan and carry out my own dive and to be responsible for my own safety. I am aware of today's dive destinations and am fully aware of their parameters and profiles. I am certified and competent to safely do these dives today and will not attempt to do any part or parcel of my dive whatsoever beyond my certification level and training, beyond my personal limitations, or beyond recreational dive limits. I will conduct my dive in a safe and controlled fashion and I will remain with my buddy at all times. Furthermore, I will conduct myself in a civil and professional manner at all times.
9. I will at the end of each dive, return to the boat with a minimum of 500-psi remaining in my tank.
10. I will immediately terminate or abort my dive if I feel uncomfortable with my dive abilities, dive conditions, or any other factors that may cause an uncomfortable or unsafe dive environment for me.
11. I am aware of the dangers of holding my breath while diving and the danger of rapid ascents and I will not hold LIGHTHOUSE CAPITAL CHARTERS INC. or LIGHTHOUSE CAPITAL PARTNERS INC. responsible for such acts.
12. If I become distressed on the surface, I will immediately drop my weights and inflate my BCD. I will give the DIVER IN TROUBLE signal if I need assistance from the boat.
13. I fully understand and am aware that the boat and its crew has limited medical facilities and that in the event of an emergency, medical help must be summoned by phone or radio and that treatment will be limited and/or delayed until I can be transported to a proper facility.
14. It is my intention by this instrument to give up my right to sue all persons or entities referred to herein, whether specifically named or not, and it is also my intention to exempt and relieve LIGHTHOUSE CAPITAL CHARTERS INC. and LIGHTHOUSE CAPITAL PARTNERS INC., its employees, agents and boats, and to hold entities harmless from any liability for personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death caused by negligence and I assume all risks in connection with and related to scuba diving and snorkeling activities.
15. I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE FOREGOING IN ITS ENTIRETY AND AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS HEREIN SET FORTH ON BEHALF OF MY HEIRS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES, MY AGENTS, AND MYSELF.