BusyKids, LLC. Customer Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk
*** THIS IS A CONTRACT – READ BEFORE SIGNING ***
In consideration of being permitted by BUSYKIDS, LLC. to participate in its activities and to use its equipment and facilities, now and in the future, I hereby agree to release, indemnify and discharge BUSYKIDS, LLC., its agents, owners, shareholders, directors, partners, employees, volunteers, manufacturers, participants, lessors, affiliates, its subsidiaries, related and affiliated entities, successors and assigns (the “RELEASED PARTIES”), on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that my participation in BUSYKIDS activities entail known and unknown risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
Furthermore, BUSYKIDS, LLC. employees have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant’s abilities. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might become loose, out of adjustment, or malfunction. There is also a risk that BUSYKIDS, LLC. employees may be negligent in, among other things, monitoring and supervising use of its equipment and facilities and in the maintenance and repair of its equipment and facilities.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless RELEASED PARTIES from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use BUSYKIDS, LLC. equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of RELEASED PARTIES.
4. Should BUSYKIDS, LLC. or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs. This means that I will pay all of those attorney’s fees and costs myself.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage that I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition that I may have.
6. In the event that I file a lawsuit against BUSYKIDS, LLC., I agree to do so solely in the state of California and I further agree that the substantive law of California shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of the law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
7. I agree as an adult participant, or the Parent/Guardian of a minor participant, in consideration of being permitted to participate at BUSYKIDS, LLC., grant BUSYKIDS, LLC., and all RELEASED PARTIES, the irrevocable right and permission to photograph and/or record me or my child(ren)/ward(s) in connection with BUSYKIDS, LLC. to use the photograph and/or recording for all purposes, including advertising and promotional purposes, in any manner in any and all media now or hereafter known, in perpetuity throughout the world, without restriction as to alteration. I waive any right to inspect or approve the use of the Photograph and/or Recording, and acknowledge and agree that the rights granted to this release are without compensation of any kind. All Photographs and/or Recordings are exclusive to BUSYKIDS, LLC. I understand that if not the parent of participant, it is my legal responsibility to sign this RELEASE with only the permission of the Parent/Guardian.
8. If the participant is a minor, I agree that this Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk agreement (“RELEASE”) is made on behalf of that minor participant and that all of the releases, waivers and promises herein are binding on that minor participant. I represent that I have full authority as Parent or Legal Guardian of the minor participant to bind the minor participant to this agreement.
9. If the participant is a minor, I further agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless BUSYKIDS, LLC. from any and all claims or suits for personal injury, property damage or otherwise which are brought by, or on behalf of the minor, and which are in any way connected with such use or participation by the minor, including injuries or damages caused by the negligence of RELEASED PARTIES, except injuries or damages caused by the sole negligence or willful misconduct of the party seeking indemnity.
10. In consideration of not being required to sign a fresh copy of this RELEASE before each visit, I further agree that this RELEASE shall apply to all future visits by me and by the minor participant until he/she is 18 years old in full, including Paragraphs 8 and 9.
11. Cash Discount Pricing notice: Displayed menu items are the cash prices. A 3.99% service charge will be applied to all store sales. Pay by cash and save with an instant 3.99% discount off the total sale amount after service charge.